Saturday, 19 May 2012

Vworp Vworp!

DOCTOOOOR! You've parked your ruddy TARDIS in the middle of my cake!

This was awesome. Yeah. I have to say so myself. I am a huge Whovian and this was so much fun to create! Plus it was the first time I've ever played with Rice Krispie Treats. They are good for moulding, albeit a little heavy - hence the sinking.
The cake itself was sprayed with silver glitter which made my entire kitchen sparkly for days. I wanted to make a huge TARDIS but I realised the stacking issues I would have with the cakes and I didn't want to go down the dowelling route. (Dowelling is an internal structure of sticks called dowels. They prevent everything from collapsing) So I made a huge RKT cake topper and a cake and it all went on from there.
In hindsight, I should have dowelled under the TARDIS because it sank overnight and was leaning horribly. It's not the neatest cake in the world but I was chuffed with it anyway. Plus it tasted pretty darn good as I used my special super moist, super chocolatey and super rich cake recipe.

Hope you like it!
Love Tash xxx


  1. I've nominated you for the liebster blog award! Check out my latest post for more details :) xx